Wearabouts Clothing Co. COVID19 and Sickness policies.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 are like other respiratory illnesses. Commonly, these are fever/chills, cough, sore throat, body aches, and shortness of breath. Shortness of breath and chest pain can be signs of severe illness.
Of note is that many of these symptoms are similar to many other, more “common diseases colds/flu etc.).
ALL workers and/or management who have ANY symptoms of ANY sickness will not be permitted to come to work until such a time as these have cleared.
Coming to work “sick” will not be permitted.
This is to ensure the safety of everyone at the store, staff and customers included.
If you develop any symptoms of COVID19 you can access testing through your local health unit
As a precaution, Public Health asks that if you have respiratory symptoms that can be managed at home, please self-isolate until the following criteria are met:
- At least 10 days have passed since the start of your symptoms, AND
- Your fever is gone without the use of fever-reducing medications (e.g. Tylenol, Advil), AND
- You are feeling better (e.g. improvement in runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue).
Of note – any employee(s) who have traveled from out of Canada will be required to self-isolate for 14 days upon their return.
The best way to prevent infection is to ensure good sanitary habits.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Using soap and water is the single most effective way of reducing the spread of infection.
- If soap and water are not available, alcohol based hand rubs (ABHR) can be used to clean your hands as long as they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled, use a wipe and then ABHR to effectively clean them.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, etc.
- Do not share phones.
- Breaks and lunchtimes will be staggered to limit the number of employees in the backroom at one time (One employee at a time)
In addition Physical Distancing will be in effect in all our locations. (2 meters between all customers and/or other staff).
High “Touch” areas will be cleaned and disinfected at a much higher interval.
These include, but are not limited to (door handles, countertops, keyboards, PIN pads, pricing guns, steamers, display racks, hangers) PIN pads will be sanitized after each use, along with hangars etc. Staff should wash their hands after each customer’s interactions as well.
Employees will wash their hands at the start of each shift, and after touching high contact surfaces. Returns are allowed, employees should wash their hands after accepting a return.
Ensure customers who are use the change rooms do not take excess items in with them.
Customers should use the hand sanitizer stations located at the front entrance and at each till.
NO visitors permitted in the stores.
There are a maximum number of people (staff and customers) permitted at each location. (Signs posted on each door)
Any customer’s, who show signs of being sick, may be asked not to enter the premises, or asked to leave. NOTE: the intent is to not escalate things. If you have issues with a non-compliance – or feel threatened you may – at your discretion – contact the RCMP for assistance.
Encourage customer’s to “TAP” if possible ($ limited), and to pay with cards vs. cash IF possible.
Remind customer’s that we now have an online store as well.
Ensure that you remain the 2 meters away from them at the till, while they pay.
The use or “re-usable” bags is to be discouraged. If a customer wishes to put the items purchased in their own bag – they should be the ones to do so.
Employees may- at their discretion – wear a non-medical mask, if they feel the need to do so. Or if the 2 meter distance cannot be maintained. The mask MUST cover both your mouth and nose to ensure maximum effectiveness.
Customers may wear masks if they feel more comfortable in doing so while shopping.